About secure.software CLI tools
ReversingLabs secure.software solutions include a set of multi-platform CLI tools for fast and flexible software package analysis. The
rl-secure CLI tool scans software packages and helps users improve their software quality and security. The
rl-deploy CLI tool optimizes the process of integrating rl-secure with DevSecOps tools and processes.
The CLI section of the docs website has changed to accommodate new tools and features available to our users.
Here are some of the most visible changes:
- Wherever possible, we clearly indicate the CLI tool by its name.
- We added a sidebar category called "Cloud deployment" with instructions for using the
- Installation instructions for
rl-deployas an option.
- We renamed the "Reference" sidebar category to "Reference docs", and "Configuration" is now called "CLI configuration".
- We created a guide for the new ReversingLabs Levels feature in the "CLI Configuration" category.
- Instructions for updating and uninstalling
rl-secureare in a new sidebar group called "Maintenance guides".
- "Policies" are now in the Concepts section of the website - you can access it from the top navbar.
Benefits of secure.software CLI
Self-managed deployments of
rl-secure let you experiment with scanning capabilities, control usage costs, implement full shift-left capabilities, and process sensitive information without submitting anything to the cloud.
rl-deploy makes it easier to:
- Install and use
rl-securein short-lived, temporary environments and on machines that don't have a stable machine number.
rl-securein your build pipelines and automate security scanning of your build artifacts.
With rl-secure, you can:
- Scan your software release packages on-premises and in your CI/CD pipelines to prevent threats from reaching production.
- Compare package versions to ensure no vulnerabilities are introduced in the open source libraries and third-party components you use.
- Prevent private keys, tokens, credentials and other sensitive information from leaking into production.
- Improve developer experience and ensure compliance with security best practices.
- Generate actionable analysis reports to help you prioritize and remediate issues in collaboration with your DevOps and security teams.
rl-secure is designed to help you:
- Understand how your software behaves
- Improve your code and container security
- Optimize your software development lifecycle
You can rely on rl-secure to:
- Identify code quality issues
- Detect vulnerable dependencies
- Highlight problematic signatures and other certificate-related weaknesses
- Warn about leaked secrets and other sensitive information in software packages
Get secure.software CLI
All secure.software CLI tools support the following systems and architectures:
- Windows (all Microsoft-supported versions), 64-bit
- Linux x86 (all major distributions), 64-bit
There are two ways to get secure.software CLI:
rl-secure manually. Contact ReversingLabs Support and request a download link for the
rl-secure installation package, then follow the manual installation guide.
rl-deploy to install
rl-secure automatically. Download the
rl-deploy installer and follow the rl-deploy installation instructions. You can download the
rl-deploy installer as:
- a Python package on PyPI
- a standalone installation package for Linux. Download links: CentOS 7 RPM, CentOS 7 tgz
- a standalone installation package for Windows. Download link: Windows executable
Keep up with all things secure.software:
- on our Twitter profile
- on the official secure.software blog
To learn more about secure.software CLI tools:
- Browse the documentation on this website. Use the navigation sidebar to discover content by type and topic, or look up specific keywords in the search bar.
- Check out example analysis reports on the official website to understand the different use-cases for the secure.software platform.